Placements are part of the fabric of De Montfort University. We have a long history of providing work experience opportunities for our students as an integral part of their course. We have links with a wide range of local and national organisations, including employers who contribute directly to course content and delivery.
Examples of our placements and work-based learning include:
Art, Design and Humanities – placements from 2 weeks to 12 months, employer-student projects, work-based modules for professional accreditation
Business and Law – 12-month sandwich placements, employer-student projects
Health and Life Sciences – work-based modules within professionally accredited courses such as Nursing, Midwifery, Youth Work and Community Development
Computing Engineering & Media – 12-month sandwich placements, employer-student projects
Our belief is that work experience carried out as part of the course is the best way for students to gain relevant skills and graduate from university prepared for their career.
Each of our faculties has a specialist team looking after our placement and work-based learning activities. We offer a tailored service to employers to understand their business needs and support their recruitment process. At the same time we work closely with our students to ensure they are well-prepared and supported.
Multiple benefits to employers include:
• Exceptional value from students who can carry out a professional job for you with no long-term costs.
• Business flexibility by employing skilled students for set periods of time to help cover a specific project or department
• Sound working knowledge of the subject area: our students have technical skills to benefit your organisation
• Enthusiasm from placement students eager to gain experience and share fresh ideas and up-to-date knowledge
• Cost-effective graduate recruitment; training future graduates and prospective employees
• Quick, FREE recruitment process, professionally supported by our faculty Work-based Learning Units
• Business links with the University – for research, training, consultancy or ideas incubation
• The opportunity to feed back your industry requirements and contribute to university course developments
We are committed to preparing our students for the world of work and providing the employment market with educated and talented graduates.
Our strength in combining teaching and research excellence with practical applications keeps our courses relevant to the needs of employers.
Students can undertake a placement as part of their course. These take a variety of formats, dependent on the subject of study.
Students can do 12-month (sandwich) placements or short summer placements; plus there are professionally accredited courses with integrated work-based learning modules, the duration of which depends on the course.
Health and Life Sciences
T: +44 (0)116 257 7716
Leicester Business School
T: +44 (0)116 207 8210/8240
T: +44 (0)116 257 7465/7466
Art, Design and Humanities
T: +44 (0)116 201 3801
If you are unsure of the subject area for the type of placement you are looking for, please contact the Employer Engagement and Enterprise Team on +44 (0)116 257 7595 or email email@example.com|